Monday 15 June 2009

Out of breath

Hardly. And that's the thing.

Yesterday I was mountain biking for 3 hours up some crazy land rover tracks and then I went for a hilly 1 hour run on steep forest trails. At the end of it, I had a cup of coffee, a couple of chicken rolls, 2 pieces of cake and went home. And I did that for fun because I was getting a bit fed up of Ironman training.

At no point did I feel the need to stop. At no point was I even out of breath. My aerobic capacity has increased to such a level that it's only really useful for endurance events. What will happen after Ironman?

Current weight is 13 stones 6 pounds (188 pounds / 85.3 kg)

5 comments:

The Editor said...

ANS. You'll go back up to about 20 stone.

The Incredible Bulk said...

Thanks for your positive support and encouragement :-)

I shall try desperately to avoid the 20 stone mark. In fact, I shall try desperately to avoid the 14 stone mark. I don't want to be a fatty again, unless it's unavoidable due to my glands.

The Editor said...

I've been fit all my life and you've been fat all your life.

That's why it's only right that you let me win in Nice.

IT's JUST A BLOODY NONSENSE!

The Incredible Bulk said...

No problem. If you are in front of me, then I'll let you win.

I just hope you don't get dragged under the wheels of the sweeper bus that hunts down and picks off the (naturally) weak back markers. A bit like life on the Serengeti plains?

The Editor said...

I see the sweeper bus more as a machine out of the future giving a relentless pursuit "You are Terminated!"

 

Free Blog Counter